Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Letter 'o' key not responding

****o everyone,

Few days ago I was cleaning my MacBook Pro's keyboard with a damp ear swab. I think a little bit of liquid got under the 'o' key and it stopped responding. Right now I'm using it with copy-paste. If you can help, I'd like to know how to replace the function of another key (for example the ç key) so, when I tap it, it responds as it was an 'o'. I tried the keyboard settings but it only leaves me change the function keys. I'd appreciate your help a lot.

Greetings.

--------------

I'm using MacOs High Sierra (10.13.2) in a 13" Mid-2012 MacBook Pro (2,9 GHz intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM DDR3).

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:17 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2017 4:26 AM in response to AnasCh

Hi there,

The best way to change a key for example when clicking f it replaces with h. This is called Text Replacement

To create text replacements:

Apple menu > System > Preferences > Keyboard > Text > and click Add button + then type the text the text to replace.

Please let me know if you resolve this issue, and have a nice day!

Dec 10, 2017 2:42 AM in response to TechInfoJ

Hi there,

I tried the text replacement option but it doesn't seem to be working to me. It doesn't work when you write that letter into a word. However, some time ago I tried that option and you have to tap space in order to make it replace de letter and that doesn't leave me place accents (like ó, ò, õ, that we use in spanish keyboard). My question was if is it possible to completely replace the function of a key (for example, when you tap 'ç' it automatically writes 'o' like you've tapped the 'o' key and avoid the 'offer' of substitution that the system makes when you tap 'ç'. I don't know if I've explained myself right. Let me know if you want further information.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Letter 'o' key not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.