Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble downloading purchased music on itunes on my laptop

i was trying to listen to some music from my laptop and when i go to click on a song a message appears where it says "the song (insert song title here) could not be used because the original file could not be found." the thing is though i know i didn't delete any music from my laptop but i checked in the file for iTunes and the songs that keep having this error pop up are missing. so i go to my account and try to re download the songs, they appear when i have it set to see all the songs I've purchased but when i try to click on the "not in my library" option there is nothing available to download. so basically i am unable to download songs/albums I've already purchased and i have no idea why. I've tried all the options given with the "how to" instructions but nothing works.

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 5:17 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 5:40 PM in response to anglgrl001l

Hello anglgrl001l,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding you're receiving an error when trying to play purchased music in iTunes. You're also unable to redownload the songs since iTunes shows the songs are already in your library. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, follow the steps in the link below:
If you see an exclamation point next your items in iTunes

If the issue persists, try to delete one of the songs and see if you're then able to download the song again.
Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store

Let us know if the behavior continues. Please include any additional troubleshooting steps you have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

trouble downloading purchased music on itunes on my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.