Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Allergies

Hello! I have a severe contact allergy to gold and nickel. I really want an Apple Watch for Christmas. Is there a safe option for me?

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 5:16 AM

Hi

If you are highly allergic to nickel, then is certainly possible that Apple Watch and/or a band may cause a reaction.

There is no model of Apple Watch that has no metal or nickel touching the skin; the magnets in all models of Apple Watch contain some nickel.

More information - including about the material content of bands and cases - and related tips from Apple:

If you do experience redness, swelling, itchiness or any other irritation or discomfort on your skin around or beneath your watch or band, then Apple recommends that you remove your Apple Watch and consult a doctor / physician before wearing it again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 5:16 AM in response to Katkelley

Hi

If you are highly allergic to nickel, then is certainly possible that Apple Watch and/or a band may cause a reaction.

There is no model of Apple Watch that has no metal or nickel touching the skin; the magnets in all models of Apple Watch contain some nickel.

More information - including about the material content of bands and cases - and related tips from Apple:

If you do experience redness, swelling, itchiness or any other irritation or discomfort on your skin around or beneath your watch or band, then Apple recommends that you remove your Apple Watch and consult a doctor / physician before wearing it again.

Allergies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.