Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage for Mac not downloading and not sending pictures

Hi everyone,

I have a problem on my iMessage for Mac. Basically:

1) It doesn't download pictures sent to me as attachments: although i can see the preview of the picture in the chat window, i can not save it nor see a bigger preview with the spacebar. The picture just isn't downloaded in the iMessage attachment folder, so when i try to open it with the spacebar or to open it with Preview or to save it, it opens another picture. Like this: i try to open the last image sent to me, it opens ANOTHER image sent in the same chat window some time ago.

User uploaded file

2) I can not send pictures at all: if i try to send a picture via iMessage for Mac, whoever the picture is sent to says that a window says "Download" but the image just won't download.

How can i fix this problem?

i have already tried to restart my MacBook and i have already logged out of iMessage and logged in on my Macbook and on my iPhone, nothing changed.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 5:33 AM

1 reply

iMessage for Mac not downloading and not sending pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.