Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 space grey paint chipping off

I have been using the space grey iPhone 8 with great care for about a month already, protected with Spigen Liquid Air Armor case and tempered glass screen protector since the day I have it. Today I unexpectedly discovered a big paint drop around the mute switch button. At first I thought it might just be some dirt and I tried to wipe it away with a cloth but to no avail. It seems to me that a patch of black paint had chipped off from the body, even without any drop, scratches or whatsoever before this.

I have spoken to Apple via online chat and the only advice they gave was to send my device in for inspection by any Apple authorised service centre. Did any iPhone 8 users face this issue as well? User uploaded file

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 8:01 AM

Well it's happening to many other ppl also with iPhone 7 black and product red colours. I ve seen even in apple stores same on their display phones ., It's not a cosmetic damage it's a poor paint job. Seems like Apple suppliers are doing cheap work there, I don't know who to blame but this is unacceptable for a premium product like an iPhone. If it's me I will fight for a exchange.

Good luck

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 8:01 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Well it's happening to many other ppl also with iPhone 7 black and product red colours. I ve seen even in apple stores same on their display phones ., It's not a cosmetic damage it's a poor paint job. Seems like Apple suppliers are doing cheap work there, I don't know who to blame but this is unacceptable for a premium product like an iPhone. If it's me I will fight for a exchange.

Good luck

iPhone 8 space grey paint chipping off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.