Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing iWork on iOS 10.11.6

I have a Macbook with iOS El Capitan 10.11.6. I'm trying to install iWork apps but App Store is telling me I need at least 10.12, which isn't possible on my late 2008 Macbook. However, I see on the Apple Support page that iWork can install on iOS 10.9 and later. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:31 PM

You are not doing anything wrong. You cannot update to the version of the iWork apps available on the Mac App Store unless you update to at least Sierra, 10.12.x. The app store is not programmed to recognize that your Mac can't be upgraded so you get the notice to update the iWork apps.

Your MacBook does not run iOS. El Capitan is OS X 10.11.x (which the profile under your post states). iOS is for iPhones, iPads & iPods

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 12:31 PM in response to okrasroka

You are not doing anything wrong. You cannot update to the version of the iWork apps available on the Mac App Store unless you update to at least Sierra, 10.12.x. The app store is not programmed to recognize that your Mac can't be upgraded so you get the notice to update the iWork apps.

Your MacBook does not run iOS. El Capitan is OS X 10.11.x (which the profile under your post states). iOS is for iPhones, iPads & iPods

Installing iWork on iOS 10.11.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.