Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My brand new, refurbished iPhone needed a hard restore b/c apps were closing automatically. When I did this, it is now stuck in Apple logo screen flashing on and off OR stuck in Plug into iTunes logo. I restored/update mac and phone = error 9!

My brand new, refurbished iPhone needed a hard restore, because the apps were closing automatically and the screen was kind of flashing. When I did this, it is now stuck in Apple logo screen, flashing on and off, OR stuck in Plug into iTunes logo. I restored and updated both my MacBook Air and iPhone 6 but it keep going back to either one of those screens and not turning on. I've done this a lot of times, maybe 6-10 but iTunes keeps coming up with the error the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred. (9) I bought the phone a few weeks ago, but only picked it up yesterday and now I am traveling in central america and there is no apple shop to visit!! Help please!!

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 7:13 AM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2017 7:19 AM in response to Kippakate

See the information in this support document for error 9. If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support If these troubleshooting steps do not help, only Apple or an Authorized Apple Service provider could help.

You say this is a brand new refurbished phone, from whom did you purchase it? Who refurbished this device?

Dec 9, 2017 7:22 AM in response to Kippakate

If this was an actual Apple OEM refurbished device purchased directly from Apple, then it has a standard Apple one year warranty. You can use the warranty to get it checked out, repaired or exchanged if the hardware is faulty

if this was a third party refurbished device then you will need to deal with whomever you purchased it from about any issues.

My brand new, refurbished iPhone needed a hard restore b/c apps were closing automatically. When I did this, it is now stuck in Apple logo screen flashing on and off OR stuck in Plug into iTunes logo. I restored/update mac and phone = error 9!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.