Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos crashes every time when importing from a shared album

Photos keeps crashing every time I try to import photos from a shared family album. Haven't had this problem before and I've been using this system to share photos within the family for many years now. I'm running a new MacBook Pro (3.5 GHz i7, 16GB) with High Sierra (10.13.2) installed. Grateful for any help here.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 7:03 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 2:30 PM in response to China Man

Perhaps the shared album contains unreadable files (image or videos).

Have you tried to disable iCloud Photo Sharing in the System Preferences > iCloud, then restart the Mac to clear the caches, then enable iCloud Photo Sharing in the System Preferences > iCloud and in Photos again?

If that does not help, delete the cached files and folders for the shared photo streams manually.

They are stored in your User library in this folder:

Navigate first o this folder, by by pasting the path below in the Finder > Go > Goto Folder textfield

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.cloudphotosd/Data/Library/Application Support

In the Finder window that opens, navigate to this subfolder:

/com.apple.cloudphotosd/services/com.apple.photo.icloud.sharedstreams/assets

Copy the folder assets for safekeeping to an external drive, so you have a copy of the media that used to be in the shared stream, then delete the folder com.apple.photo.icloud.sharedstreams/assets.

Restart the mac again and wait for the photos and videos to download again from iCloud.

Photos crashes every time when importing from a shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.