Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2012 crashes after High Sierra upgrade

Hey!

I have a macbook pro 15" retina mid 2012. After upgrading to High Sierra my computer wont boot up. I get to the login screen, enter my password then the loading bar pops up and after half the bar has been progressed the computer dies and the process start over again...

I have tried all i know my self with reset of VRAM and SMC, i have had the computer on an apple authorized service provider and they tell me they have to change the logic board, that will cost me almost 700 usd....

This doesn't seem fair at all, i know the computer is a couple of years but still. A Apple verified software upgrade crashed my computer.... Feels like a joke that a software upgrade that is prompted by apple make my firmware goes bye-bye and want me to pay to swap the logic board...

Anyone have any tips on what to do or know anyone that can provice some extra tips on what to do that's not "included" in the troubleshooting that is done by Apple themselves ?

//Pontus

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 7:14 AM

2 replies

Macbook Pro 15" Retina Mid 2012 crashes after High Sierra upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.