Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uncompleted photo libraries

After upgrading all my devices (macbook, iphone, ipad) with the last OS or IOS versions, I realized that the only complete photo library that seem up to date is the one of the cloud. The upgrade process seems to have given mistakes. For example, some albums remain empty, which is not the case on the cloud. I disengaged the icloud option on my devices and reengaged them. Still the same issue. Even creating a new system library on my macbook did not solve the problem. Does anyone encounter the same issue? thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:39 AM

I think you may have done the first two.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Photos syncing. Wait a few minutes and then resync. This will start the sync from the beginning.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the Photos box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 9:39 AM in response to KRSWOJ

I think you may have done the first two.

Try Settings/Your Name/iCloud and slide off Photos syncing. Wait a few minutes and then resync. This will start the sync from the beginning.

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the Photos box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Dec 9, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric for your help. Indeed, I already tried to sign-out and sign-in again.

I just understood now what happened with my collection. In fact, the apple policy regarding hidden photos seems to have changed: in previous versions, hidden photos were removed from the moments area but these pics were still in the albums. This way, I used this function so as to keep in moment only photos I made myself, and removed the one I did not want in moments, but I wanted to see in "Artwork album" for example. Now, hidden photos do not appear anymore in the albums, except the "hidden one". This is the reason why I thought synchronisation was not complete. Finally it was. I wish this could help others. Bye.

Uncompleted photo libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.