Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot attempt turns off device?

I have no problem taking a screen shot on my iPhone. I'm trying to do so on my wife's iPad mini iOS11. However, I've tried 3 times and 3 times I've turned off the thing. I'm pressing, at the same time, the power button (at the top edge, right end of the device) and the home button (bottom, center of white frame).

This isn't a difficult task yet I fail to see what I'm doing wrong?

Mark

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:20 AM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2017 10:31 AM in response to Skydiver119

Yes it does. Open an app, press home the app closes and you're back at the icon screen.

If this condition eludes a solution maybe there's another way of achieving my goal. I signed up for a paid Pandora trial. I decided against shortly after. I went to the iTunes link provided by Pandora. Once iTunes loads, a popup appears that does state the trial ends such and such and pay this amount for various paid levels going forward. Absent a cancel confirm that I've yet to receive from Pandora, the popup would suffice in a pinch--hence, the screen shot?

Mark

Screenshot attempt turns off device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.