Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drummer track A#1 note of the region plays 2 different sounds....

I'm encountering a very strange behavior of the Drummer track.

I took some regions and move them up and down to make them become MIDI regions.

Now... clicking on an A#1 note of the transformed region I get an HH Open edge.

If I play the same A#1 note but from the keyboard.... I get a total Opened HH... 😕

And I can record this Opened HH playing A#1 note with the keyboard, whereas the same note coming from the DT region sounds as Open edge.

And I tried to change the velocity but they remained distinct

How can it be explainable??

😮

See the video (the little orange region is the one that I recorded on another track and then I put on the SoCal Drummer Track)

Dropbox - A#1 mystery.mov

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:33 PM

The hi-hat samples use Articulation ID for different pedal settings of the hi-hat.

Open the Event List to see the events inside the region, then choose View > Articulation ID.

You will now see the different hi-hat articulations.

The hi-hat responds to Articulations IDs from 1-7, where 1 is closed and 7 is totally open.

Change those accordingly to get the results you are after.

Hope that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 12:33 PM in response to mnstudio

The hi-hat samples use Articulation ID for different pedal settings of the hi-hat.

Open the Event List to see the events inside the region, then choose View > Articulation ID.

You will now see the different hi-hat articulations.

The hi-hat responds to Articulations IDs from 1-7, where 1 is closed and 7 is totally open.

Change those accordingly to get the results you are after.

Hope that helps.

Drummer track A#1 note of the region plays 2 different sounds....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.