Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connectivity issues on iPhone

Hi, I am from india using iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2 when I was turning on Wi-Fi it was not getting on and always it is showing “captive.apple” when I press done it is actually turning on,otherwise not and sometimes wifi is turning off when the screen is locked if screen is unlocked it was getting back to on. Help me with this guys

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:07 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 4:56 PM in response to Anirudh790

Hi Anirudh790,

Thanks for providing additional details about the issue.

Since you mentioned that the issue happens intermittently (Wi-Fi is working normally and then disconnecting later,) try resetting network settings on your iPhone:

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

This step comes from the Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network .

Let us know if this improves the behavior when connecting to Wi-Fi networks.

Best Regards.

Dec 11, 2017 7:53 AM in response to brenden dv

Thank you for responding,sir, i am turning off wifi from settings every time and I didn’t checked with another wifi connection and wifi was disconnecting when screen is locked when it is unlocked it is connecting immediately, I tried restarting phone then it is becoming normal for sometime and later it is getting back to trouble(disconnecting again)

Wifi connectivity issues on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.