Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio core keeps reinitializing

I am using Logic Pro X on a Macbook Pro circa 2012-2013. I am still on El Capitan. My mac has started reinitializing the audio core every few seconds. I cannot do anything in the way of recording or playback as it constantly interrupts Logic when I use it. I successfully updated the firmware for my Audient ID22. I also have a brand new USB cable from that plugged into the computer. I have pulled it out of my USB hub i've been using and tried it directly in both ports on the Macbook. And of course i have rebooted everything at least a couple of times since along the way.

Eventually I created a new version of the file I was working on, copying over all the essential parts I needed to continue. It was fine for a couple of days and now the problem has returned.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Logic Pro X, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:27 PM

8 replies

Jan 7, 2018 9:16 PM in response to MightyCrunch

MightyCrunch wrote:

Create a new user for my computer? How would that be a useful test?

Someone else suggested reducing my IO buffer size when recording. I'm going to try that first

Reducing the buffer size is a fools errand, keep it at 256 or 128.

Since you obviously know more than I do about Mac related problems that's all I have to offer.

If you do try my suggestion, after you create a new user account, reboot the computer and sign on as the new user.

This is basic troubleshooting 101.

Jan 8, 2018 7:13 AM in response to Pancenter

Look, I appreciate your taking the time to answer this. In fact I don't know much at all about Macs or troubleshooting them and I was just asking an honest question. In all my years of using PC's I'm not familiar with setting up a new account as a basic go-to solution for testing a problem on my computer. I've usually only seen utilizing new user accounts when troubleshooting as something I've only done using third party software like Google or such where data is stored elsewhere on other servers as well as my device. Forgive me but as no third party software was involved, using a new account for data locally input on same machine using the same files in the same software seemed counter-intuitive to me. While looking for troubleshooting details in Logic I have learned more about it and Apple gave me some reasons why it is useful on their platform for troubleshooting tests. I assume it has to do with their architecture, how they handle files and the like I guess.

So I will take your suggestion next and see if I can isolate the problem that later today when I have time. As for reducing the IO I was willing to try reducing buffering size in case it was a latency issue. Obviously you seem to think that my problem can't be a latency issue although that suggestion was given to me by someone with long years of experience recording. While it wasn't a solution that attempt took me seconds to try so no harm done.

Jan 8, 2018 8:47 AM in response to MightyCrunch

Actually I'm as much if not more a PC person myself but I wanted to keep using Logic after Apple purchased it.

Many times in Mac land an install or process running in the background can disrupt either hardware or software, setting up a new User account will give you a cleaner running system.

However, there's no guarantee, USB connections have varied from solid to unstable dependingon the hardware and Mac OS version. Did you upgrade anything recently?

Audio core keeps reinitializing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.