Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and FaceTime are not working after I changed my MacBook Pro password??

I had a quick question about my laptop... I have a 2017 MacBook Pro, and it has worked beautifully for the few months that I have owned it so far. When I bought it, I synched it with my iPhone 6s. Today, I tried to log in to my computer, and it told me my password was wrong, so I changed it. Now, my past iMessage texts are pulling up on my laptop, but the same pop-up is showing on the screen. What should I do now to fix this?

**I also sent a text iMessage from my laptop to see the outcome, and it did not send the text but showed it as an undelivered SMS message.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 12:50 PM in response to kathrynclare1

Hello kathrynclare1,

Thanks for your post. I see that you recently had to change the password on your MacBook Pro, now you are having issues with iMessages and FaceTime. I’ll be happy to help.

Take a look at this resource: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

If you continue to have issues, reply with any other information that might be helpful so I can help.

Take care.

iMessage and FaceTime are not working after I changed my MacBook Pro password??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.