Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad question

When fully charged my iPad mini 2, it displays the setup screen to setup my iPad. Why this happened? If I activate it, will it reset everything on my iPad? Please help! I need advice and what to do now?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:48 AM

If your iPad is already showing the setup screen with the cable saying connect to iTunes, and you never backed up your iPad Mini to iCloud or iTunes, then your data is already gone.

At this point, you need to just follow the instructions and set your iPad up as new.

In the future, more regularly backup your iDevices to iCloud or iTunes on a computer.

Sorry and Good Luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 10:48 AM in response to Ultraegg

If your iPad is already showing the setup screen with the cable saying connect to iTunes, and you never backed up your iPad Mini to iCloud or iTunes, then your data is already gone.

At this point, you need to just follow the instructions and set your iPad up as new.

In the future, more regularly backup your iDevices to iCloud or iTunes on a computer.

Sorry and Good Luck!

iPad question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.