Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to view and delete photos from an SD card without downloading them.

*please let me know if this is the wrong thread* Hey, I want to be able to view photos on my Mac through the SD card rather than having to download them (the files size are far too large). There are many photos so I don’t want to have to click to view the images one at a time. I also want to view them full screen and to delete photos as I browse them. It’s also important when I am deleting photos, it also deletes off the SD card. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:11 PM

Good afternoon Eoin_mc,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you want to view the images you have on an SD card on your MacBook Air and be able to delete images directly from the SD card rather than import them to your computer.
One application that can do this for you is Image Capture. You can view the images in list or icon view, and can double click on an image to see it in full screen if needed. Then you can select and permanently delete the images you don't want from the SD card.
Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device
Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 2:11 PM in response to Eoin_mc

Good afternoon Eoin_mc,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you want to view the images you have on an SD card on your MacBook Air and be able to delete images directly from the SD card rather than import them to your computer.
One application that can do this for you is Image Capture. You can view the images in list or icon view, and can double click on an image to see it in full screen if needed. Then you can select and permanently delete the images you don't want from the SD card.
Image Capture: Transfer images and other items from your device
Take care.

How to view and delete photos from an SD card without downloading them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.