Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When somebody tries to send me a picture in a message it shows up in a box with what looks like a white paper with a question mark in it.

I have a iPhone 6s and I'm running 10.3.2. I have tried restarting my phone as well as resetting my network settings. I have also signed out of my Apple ID in messages and signed back in, this also didn't change anything. Any advice would be great...thanks!

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:45 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 2:09 PM in response to Karilee324

Karilee324 wrote:

I have a iPhone 6s and I'm running 10.3.2.

You should upgrade to the current iOS version (11.2 at this time).

Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regarding the "picture in a message", you have not told us if you're talking about an MMS cellular multimedia message or an iMessage to/from another Apple device. These two methods are very different, and would take very different steps to remedy.

MMS would require:

• Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = "On"
  • Your cellular carrier authorizing you to use MMS messaging on your cellular plan. This may cost extra.

When somebody tries to send me a picture in a message it shows up in a box with what looks like a white paper with a question mark in it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.