Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage won’t work with face id

As you all know Face ID displays your notifications when you look at your phone. It says “notification” when you’re not looking at it and then when you do it shows the actual notification. This works for everyone one of my notifications other than my iMessages. When I get a message and I’m not looking at my phone it says iMessage when I look at it and am authenticated it still just says iMessage and won’t let me preview the notification like it does for all others. How can I fix this? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:19 AM

Have you checked the setting in Settings > Notifications > Messages > Show Previews?

3 replies

iMessage won’t work with face id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.