Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not getting enough heart readings to produce a chart when swimming. Why?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:48 AM

Hi

Apple Watch Series 2 records your heart rate continuously when you record a Pool Swim or Open Water Swim using the built-in Workout app:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

However, keep in mind that Apple advises that performance of the heart rate sensor can potentially be adversely affected by water:

Swimming

For the best performance from the heart rate sensor, be sure to wear your Apple Watch snugly, but not too tightly, during your workouts. Apple suggests tightening your Apple Watch band before workouts and loosening it again afterwards. Certain other factors can also affect performance of the sensor:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 9:48 AM in response to Rickyperita

Hi

Apple Watch Series 2 records your heart rate continuously when you record a Pool Swim or Open Water Swim using the built-in Workout app:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

However, keep in mind that Apple advises that performance of the heart rate sensor can potentially be adversely affected by water:

Swimming

For the best performance from the heart rate sensor, be sure to wear your Apple Watch snugly, but not too tightly, during your workouts. Apple suggests tightening your Apple Watch band before workouts and loosening it again afterwards. Certain other factors can also affect performance of the sensor:

Dec 19, 2017 2:12 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Thanks. The same happens to me. It’s not a matter of tightening the watch to the wrist cause the heart app measures the beats in real time during the workout. The point is that afterwards when you want to check the graph, you just can’t and the watch says that not enough measurements were made.com Thats no sense as I could check that those are made. Help please.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.