Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i reset my mail password

VIN, MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 10

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:06 AM

Changing any such password is always at least a two-step process.

First, log on to webmail (a very fancy term for looking at your mail in a web browser). Do whatever the email provider requires to change the password. once successful, continue to Mail on your Mac.

Second,

Mail > Preferences > Accounts ...

... and select the amount in question, and change its password to match the change you just made in webmail.

User uploaded file

your accounts page may be different.

--------

--------

Then use Mail > Window > Connection Doctor

you should see all green lights. if any are still red, click on them and you will get quick access to the password settings for the receiver or sender server for that account, and can enter the password there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:06 AM in response to Dexless559

Changing any such password is always at least a two-step process.

First, log on to webmail (a very fancy term for looking at your mail in a web browser). Do whatever the email provider requires to change the password. once successful, continue to Mail on your Mac.

Second,

Mail > Preferences > Accounts ...

... and select the amount in question, and change its password to match the change you just made in webmail.

User uploaded file

your accounts page may be different.

--------

--------

Then use Mail > Window > Connection Doctor

you should see all green lights. if any are still red, click on them and you will get quick access to the password settings for the receiver or sender server for that account, and can enter the password there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.