Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 Plus keeps going to a black screen with a waiting circle then back to lock screen like once every couple of minutes. How do I fix this problem?

Last night my phone started to cut to a black wait screen every few minutes then back to lock screen. I turned it off for the night and back on this morning. Well it's doing it every time I go on my phone to do anything now. I turned all of my notifications off and now it’s fine. Why is this happening and what should I do?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:53 AM

5 replies

Dec 13, 2017 6:36 AM in response to rkastenwilson

rkastenwilson wrote: "Problem is, it won’t saying on long enough to fully download the update."

rkastenwilson ~ Each time your screen locks, unlock it, open the Settings app > General > Software Update. It should continue the update from where it left off. Or, see the instructions to turn off all notifications here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch unexpectedly restarts

õ¿õ¬

My iPhone 6 Plus keeps going to a black screen with a waiting circle then back to lock screen like once every couple of minutes. How do I fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.