Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my friends

When using “hybrid“ or “satellite” view, the map area of my screen goes pale blue. It still shows a friends location but with no map. If you change to “standard” view, the map is visible. Sometimes when you switch back to one of the other views it will give you the proper view otherwise you have to turn the device off and back on. Sometimes that fixes it and sometimes it goes straight back to the blue screen. This appears to happen randomly on iPhone 6S and iPad Pro for no reason, but I think probably more on the iPhone. Both running latest version of iOS. Does anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2, And iPad Pro

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:37 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 8:37 AM in response to lynne1964

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities lynne1964,

I see that you're having an issue with the not seeing the map when using Find My Friends in certain views. I can understand your concern since it is happening on both devices, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you check out this article with some steps to help with this issue:

Get help using Find My Friends
If after going through this article the issue still remains, reply back with the answers to the following questions.
1. When did this issue begin?
2. Are you using Wi-Fi or cellular data on both devices when this happens?
3. Do you notice if this happens when you're in a certain location?
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Find my friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.