Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to burn DVD from iDVD, got "Multiplexer Error during mixing preparation??

Trying to burn a DVD from iDVD, after about half the slideshow was "rendered" I got, "Multiplexer Error during mixing preparation" Any thoughts besides buying a new Super Drive? Thanks.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:24 AM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2017 2:32 PM in response to lyonwmbg

See Bengt Wärleby's reply in this topic: Multiplexing Error.

Also follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

Dec 9, 2017 6:40 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the input OT, however, unfortunately, I got the same error msg as previously noted after about 1/2 an hour. That was well before the estimated time for the encoding. Under the error msg, the iDVD display of the project showed the burn icon spinning (that didn't happen when I initially hit File ➙ Save as Disk Image). I've never used "save as Disk Image" previously, just always it the burn icon in iDVD which used to work.

Dec 10, 2017 1:49 PM in response to Old Toad

The iDVD project was built from an iTunes video slideshow from Photos and iTunes songs, no movie clips included. I burned a copy of the original video in iTunes to a blank DVD, but of course it wouldn't play on our Visio LCD TV, it also didn't play on a MacBook. I had hoped to get it into iTunes on the MacBook and then attempt to create an iDVD of it via that route. The earlier attempt to create the iDVD by going the Save as a Disk Image ran into the same problem (encoding error) that I ran into when I initially used the burn icon to start the process in iDVD. Do you see any value in getting a Laser Disk Cleaner CD? I doubt that could fix an encoding problem.

Dec 10, 2017 7:12 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for sticking with me on this OT. I just got a working iDVD and played it on the TV successfully. I used 480 per your recommendation and it worked through the process. I was somewhat surprised that the iDVD displayed a rather small view, not the 4:3 size usually seen it assume that's a function of using 480 vs. over 1080. Will continue to experiment.

Trying to burn DVD from iDVD, got "Multiplexer Error during mixing preparation??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.