Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Flicker on Fullscreen Games (Win 10)

When I play many games in full screen mode, the top 2/5 of the screen starts flickering (does not appear to be screen tearing). If I play in windowed mode or borderless window, the problem is gone, but not all games support borderless and windowed mode is hard to play with for some games. There is also no problem when playing a video in fullscreen

This problem has been happening since installation, so I know nothing I've done to windows has caused this

Mid 2014 IMac

Intel HD 5000

Intel i5 4200U - 1.4GHz

iMac, Mid 2014

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 4:09 PM

This should provide the Apple BC drivers for W10 specific to your Mac. It is better to uninstall the Intel drivers first, fall back to standard VGA driver and then install the BC drivers using setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder.

User uploaded file

7 replies

Dec 12, 2017 4:08 PM in response to LostWalker

I figured out how to get the proper drivers that fixed the flickering issue. I went into the folder for the Windows Support software you told me to get from bootcamp, searched for the proper setup.exe for the graphics driver (paying close attention to the readme files to make sure it supported my system in terms of processor, graphics card and OS encase someone wanted to recreate what I did) and executed it. After the installation, everything worked fine for me.

Regardless of how I figured it out, thanks for all the help Loner T

Dec 11, 2017 6:49 PM in response to Loner T

I went through all the steps (note: during the install it says windows installer has stopped working, but after closing it the install progresses as normal), but it seems it didn't install the graphics drivers. In device manager it says I have the Micrsoft Basic Display Adapter installed and it is extreamly laggy when playing 3D games

Screen Flicker on Fullscreen Games (Win 10)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.