Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while using my ipad 2, an activation lock appeared on the screen. I entered what I remembered as the user name and password at startup. No luck. How do I unlock? IOS 9.3.5

hile using my ipad 2, an activation lock appeared on the screen. I entered what I remembered as the user name and password at startup. No luck. How do I unlock? IOS 9.3.5.

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:13 AM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 11:17 AM in response to mcjustice

You need the Apple ID and password used on that device for activation lock.

Activation Lock Problem

If you purchased the device second-hand, then it is useless without the Apple ID and password to which it is locked. If you don't have it, can't remember it or cannot get it, then the device is useless to you. Try to get your money refunded, if you can, or take it to an Apple store for an exchange provided they will help you. If you are the original owner then take the device, a copy of your purchase receipt and identity proof to an Apple retailer where they may be able to assist you.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

while using my ipad 2, an activation lock appeared on the screen. I entered what I remembered as the user name and password at startup. No luck. How do I unlock? IOS 9.3.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.