Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11.2 broke my WIFI calling!

When I upgraded to IOS 11.2 my WIFI calling broke and I have been unable to fix it. It seems to work on and off and nothing I have tried has fixed it. It worked fine in the previous IOS's so its obviously an Apple problem. I am using Sprint and based on this thread on the site Macrumors.com its not only me with the problem.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/issues-with-wifi-calling-in-ios-11-2.209276 8/#post-25569666

Anyone have any idea when Apple is going to release an update?

John

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:47 AM

13 replies

Dec 10, 2017 2:03 PM in response to jwolf6589

"All the people on Macrumors" appears to be 14 unique individuals. Hardly an overwhelming number. As I have no problem with Wi-Fi calling on AT&T since the update, it's either a problem with your specific phone(s) or with your carrier, rather than with iOS. So don't expect a fix from Apple, unless quite a few people open cases with Apple Support and the can replicate the problem. Have you reported it to Apple, using the Contact Support link at the top of this page?

What troubleshooting steps have you taken? Restart? Reset Network Settings? Checked for carrier update?

Dec 10, 2017 4:49 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

It may only be impacting people on the Sprint network as on their site there is a thread of people with this problem.

Wifi Calling IOS 11.2 - Sprint Community

Reseting network settings is the only thing I have not tried because the last time I tried that it did not do jack to solve the issue, but I lost all my saved networks. Others have tried that route blindly and it did not fix the issue so the problem is either with Apple or Sprint.

Dec 10, 2017 5:02 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

NO I have not received a carrier update and I have contacted Sprint but they are stupid and always try to blame my phone. Instead of calling I am contacting them on Twitter and have pasted the link to the discussion on their own website. Sprint just blindly wants to reset my network settings but I refuse to take that route if it will delete all my saved networks and it WILL NOT solve the problem. The last time I did that it did not do jack to solve the issue.

IOS 11.2 broke my WIFI calling!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.