Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use my mail like on a plane without wifi And work normaly except for receiving and sending mail?

How can I use my mail like on a plane without wifi And work normaly except for receiving and sending mail?

MacBook Air, iOS 11.2, Mail App

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 5:20 AM

Like Eric Root, I seem able to avoid any reminders with wifi off, and can still move, delete & 'send' emails.

However, you might try manually taking your account(s) offline. Below is from Apple Mail help.

Work offline

An email account can be offline (not connected to the Internet) if your Internet connection is disrupted, a mail serverexperiences problems, or you purposely take it offline (for example, prior to air travel). When your account is offline you can’t get or send messages, but you can write messages to send later.

• Take all accounts offline: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline.
  • Take a specific account offline: Choose Mailbox > Online Status > Take [account] Offline.
  • Write messages offline: Write your message as usual but save it as a draft, then send it later when the account’s online again. Or write the message, then click Send. Mail stores your message in the Outbox, then automatically sends it when the account’s online.
  • Take all accounts online: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online.
  • Take a specific account online: Choose Mailbox > Online Status > Take [account] Online.
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 5:20 AM in response to Kikinvilchis

Like Eric Root, I seem able to avoid any reminders with wifi off, and can still move, delete & 'send' emails.

However, you might try manually taking your account(s) offline. Below is from Apple Mail help.

Work offline

An email account can be offline (not connected to the Internet) if your Internet connection is disrupted, a mail serverexperiences problems, or you purposely take it offline (for example, prior to air travel). When your account is offline you can’t get or send messages, but you can write messages to send later.

• Take all accounts offline: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline.
  • Take a specific account offline: Choose Mailbox > Online Status > Take [account] Offline.
  • Write messages offline: Write your message as usual but save it as a draft, then send it later when the account’s online again. Or write the message, then click Send. Mail stores your message in the Outbox, then automatically sends it when the account’s online.
  • Take all accounts online: Choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online.
  • Take a specific account online: Choose Mailbox > Online Status > Take [account] Online.

Dec 14, 2017 9:58 AM in response to Kikinvilchis

Only the iCloud account syncs with iCloud.

Try the Safe Mode and see how it works. Then reboot normally.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan
also Sierra

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.