Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did everything, but opened iTunes and nothing was there. If I import the iTunes folder, would there be duplicates?

Would I be creating duplicates if I import the iTunes folder into iTunes on new PC?

I did what was instructed in the following link, but I opened iTunes on the new PC and nothing was there: How to move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Support

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:45 PM

2 replies

Dec 10, 2017 4:35 AM in response to Joshua7985

Hey, so you have copied the whole iTunes folder to your new pc. What I would suggest is the following: while clicking on iTunes hold down the Shift key, then click on choose library and navigate to the place where you copied your folder (presumably in Music), after that open the iTunes folder and double click on the iTunes Library.itl file (the extension may be .xml, rather than .itl if your library was created by an older version of iTunes). This should be it, you should have all your media, etc. after that 😉

Dec 10, 2017 8:24 PM in response to marty3026

I figured it out. Windows 10 is strange. I'm using the D drive and even though I had itunes and everything in D drive, I had to go to "This PC" and right click the Music folder and change it's destination to the D drive and it all worked. Can't explain why since I already had a Music folder in D drive and everything already there, but it did.

Did everything, but opened iTunes and nothing was there. If I import the iTunes folder, would there be duplicates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.