Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts on iMac High Sierra not working properly

Hi all,

Since the upgrade to High Sierra (V. 10.13.2 (17C88)) the Contacts app (V. Version 11.0 (1808.6)) on my iMac is not working properly.

The app shows the entire list of my contact cards but won't show the info in the card if I select it, or allow me to edit it, copy, or delete a card.

The data is on iCloud and shows up properly and CAN be edited OK on my iPhone and on iCloud.

I tried creating a new contact on the Mac and it works and behaves correctly in the app - data shows up, can be edited, syncs, etc. (?)

I tried de-selecting Contact iCloud sync and re-selecting it after restarting the system and nothing changes.

Before trying extreme solutions like deleting the cards and trying to restore them from an import (I did do a backup of the iCloud data), I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and found a brilliant solution to it...

Thank you,

M

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:36 PM

Update:

I tried, on a hunch, to import an .abbu file (which I exported from the "non-viewable" contact cards on Mac).

Contacts imported them ok and cleaned up the duplicates.

And now ALL the cards show up properly, can be edited, deleted, etc.

I appear to have solved my own problem.

I hope this is of help to someone else.

Thank you

M

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 1:36 PM in response to LaMomo76

Update:

I tried, on a hunch, to import an .abbu file (which I exported from the "non-viewable" contact cards on Mac).

Contacts imported them ok and cleaned up the duplicates.

And now ALL the cards show up properly, can be edited, deleted, etc.

I appear to have solved my own problem.

I hope this is of help to someone else.

Thank you

M

Contacts on iMac High Sierra not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.