Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos disappeared from icloud

I've just logged in to icloud after about 5 days to find that the 1500+ photos I uploaded last weekend have gone and now only the 800 photos on my phone are there! Where have the others gone? Can anyone help?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:30 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2017 1:41 AM in response to Pea81

The settings for iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone are explained here: http://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph961b96c4d

On your iPhone you will see the iCloud settings in "Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos". Is iCloud Photo Library turned on? Do not change anything there just now, only look. Is iCloud Photo Library enabled?

The photos are in my deleted folder on my iPhone I think but I don't understand why they've been deleted from icloud?

If iCloud Photo Library is enabled, you are syncing your iPhone with iCloud. Any Photo you move to the "recently deleted" album on your iPhone will we moved to recently deleted in iCloud as well. When syncing with iCloud, do not delete any photo from your iPhone, that you want to keep, or it will be deleted from iCloud as well.

Put the photos back from Recently deleted, so you can access them again with iCloud for Windows and save the on your PC, before you delete them from your iPhone.

Dec 9, 2017 12:33 PM in response to Pea81

To help we need context and details since we do not know you nor can e see you or your computer

What version of the OS do you have? What are your iCloud settings and status on the Mac and the iPhone? What has changed since it worked correctly? Have you done any system house cleaning or run any cleaning software? Have you deleted any photos from your phone or your Mac? Are these missing photos in the recently deleted album on either?

LN

Photos disappeared from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.