Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I currently get TV via the antenna on the roof of my house who do I select as my provider for my Apple TV

If I currently get TV via the antenna on the roof of my house who do I select as my provider for my Apple TV

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:01 PM

You don't need a provider in that sense as such (except in the case where an app is tied to the content of a cable service - I don't know whether the ATV has such). You just connect the ATV to your internet connection via your wifi network or a direct ethernet connection to your router, and you will then be able to access the iTunes video library, some other streaming services (depending on your country - the BBC iPlayer in the UK for example) and, just recently, the Amazon Video library (both that and iTunes are pay per view, or Amazon has a subscription service, Prime, which give you free access to some of the video library plus free one-day delivery of purchases).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 2:01 PM in response to Treckles

You don't need a provider in that sense as such (except in the case where an app is tied to the content of a cable service - I don't know whether the ATV has such). You just connect the ATV to your internet connection via your wifi network or a direct ethernet connection to your router, and you will then be able to access the iTunes video library, some other streaming services (depending on your country - the BBC iPlayer in the UK for example) and, just recently, the Amazon Video library (both that and iTunes are pay per view, or Amazon has a subscription service, Prime, which give you free access to some of the video library plus free one-day delivery of purchases).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.