Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active keychain devices? Untrust a device?

First iphone, lots of privacy and security questions. My tech savvy semi-dev BF demonstrated sync and back up functions apple features by plugging my iphone into his macbookpro. When asked if his laptop is a trusted device, I accepted the connection but now that I learn more about apple and those sync settings the more uncomfortable I am having approved 'trust' to a device that is not mine. Should I be?

Was that just a standard 'do you want to connect, you may loose your music library' verification, or did I just passively give apple the Go-ahead to automatically store and update my personal information on my bf's device?

Do trusted devices have access to my keychain, wifi back ups, icloud storage, photos and/or sensitive data?

I would appreciate more insight

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2017 1:18 PM in response to Community User

The message you saw is normal. Unless he has a program that can read your backup, it should be safe.

An iTunes backup doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to iBooks (You can back up this content using Transfer Purchases in iTunes.)
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Photos already stored in the cloud, like My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Library
  • Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (To back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Backups – Choose Method

Active keychain devices? Untrust a device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.