Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on my Mac not showing in iCloud / photo stream

A number of photos that are on my Mac (in the Photos app) are not showing up in iCloud. These appear to be photos I took with a dslr camera, not an Apple device. Could that be the problem? In any case, does anyone know how can I sync ALL photos on my Mac with iCloud, so that they all appear in my photo stream -- and do so without deleting any photos which are currently on my Mac / in my photo stream?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:05 PM

4 replies

Dec 9, 2017 8:58 PM in response to tenaciouslye

I had understood my Photos app would sync with iCloud, thereby making my entire photo library one and the same across devices. That's too much to hope for, I guess!

And I said that is one option

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service and syncs photos to iCloud.com and to all connected devices and any change (additions, deletion or edit) made on any connected device is made on all connected devices

but it does not involve MyPhotoStream - it is iCloud Photo Library

And as ot your settings if you are using iCloud Photo Library then you should not have MyPhotoSteam enabled

And I still need ot know the status of ICPL on each device

Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

LN

Dec 9, 2017 1:45 PM in response to tenaciouslye

how can I sync ALL photos on my Mac with iCloud, so that they all appear in my photo stream

You can not - you are confusing two totally different services

MyPhotoStream does not sync photos at a all - it is simply a one time stream of new photos between devices and does not show on iCloud.com - it is only device to device and has nothing at all to do with iCLoud.com

iCloud Photo Library is a syncing service and syncs photos to iCloud.com and to all connected devices adn any change (additions, deletion or edit) made on any connected device is made on all connected devices

What version of the OS do you have on your Mac, of IOS on your phone and what are your iCloud settings and status on each device

LN

Dec 9, 2017 8:48 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for your reply. I had understood my Photos app would sync with iCloud, thereby making my entire photo library one and the same across devices. That's too much to hope for, I guess!

To answer your questions: My MacBook Pro is running on OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 (14F2511). My phone is running the latest IOS. I'm not sure what iCloud settings you're looking for but I've ticked all three boxes under Photos options (iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing) are all seems to be running well -- my photo stream across devices is updated regularly and fast. It's only missing those images I've uploaded to Photos on my MacBook from my dslr memory card.

Dec 10, 2017 8:43 AM in response to tenaciouslye

I am constantly annoyed with Photos and iOS, Photo Stream/My Photo Stream. Take a photo on your iPhone. It doesn't show up on your Mac in Photos --> Photo Stream/My Photo Stream. It should. This has been a constant source of pain and aggravation for 3 years now. Apple doesn't apparently care ...

The photo shows up immediately on my iPad Pro, and AppleTV in Photo Stream and yet on macOS Photos 'My Photo Stream' ... nearly never. I have to plug the darn phone into my MacBook Pro and download them manually. Ridiculous!

Once in a great while, it will work, but 90% of the time it does not.

Photos on my Mac not showing in iCloud / photo stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.