Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current location will not update on Apple watch 3

Hello All.

I have just bought a new Apple watch 3 SS that is paired with my brand new iPhone X. Everything is working perfectly apart from 1 very annoying detail. The weather on the watch face will not update the "current Location" no matter what I do. Everything have been tried so for to no luck. Re-paired, newest IOS version and even a visit to an Apple Store could not help me. I can force the watch to shift to current location by doing a hard reset of the watch and it will stick to that particular location no matter that I move 200 miles away. The "weather" app on the Iphone update the location but nothing on the watch. I have followed all guidelines as how to setup "locations" and the the Weather app - Is the brand new watch defective?

I have another original Apple watch paired to the same phone at that watch is working flawlesly with the same settings.

Thanks

Karsten

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:55 PM

Hi

The following steps may help, having resolved issues with the Weather app and Weather complication for other users.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Weather > Default City > choose Current Location (or a specific location from those that have been added to the Weather app on your iPhone, if preferred).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services is enabled.
    • If the setting is already turned on, try turning it off, pausing for a few moments and then re-enabling it.
  • Check that Apple Watch Faces is set to While Using.
    • Toggling the setting to Never and back again may help.
  • Check that Weather is set to Always
    • Toggling the setting may help.
  • At the bottom, tap on System Services > check that Setting Time Zone is enabled (you may also wish to enable all other system services, if they are not presently enabled).

• Check that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both enabled on your iPhone:

• iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth - on.
    • iPhone: Settings > Wi-Fi - on.
    • For the best performance from your watch, keep both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh:

• Check that Background App Refresh is enabled.
    • It may also help to enable the setting for Weather.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Complications:

• If you are currently using a third-party weather app (such as Yahoo Weather) for your watch face complications, try removing it (via Edit, upper-right) and using Apple's built-in Weather app instead.

Restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

1 reply
    Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 6:55 PM in response to karsten_horn

Hi

The following steps may help, having resolved issues with the Weather app and Weather complication for other users.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest compatible software versions, starting with your iPhone:

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Weather > Default City > choose Current Location (or a specific location from those that have been added to the Weather app on your iPhone, if preferred).

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services is enabled.
      • If the setting is already turned on, try turning it off, pausing for a few moments and then re-enabling it.
    • Check that Apple Watch Faces is set to While Using.
      • Toggling the setting to Never and back again may help.
    • Check that Weather is set to Always
      • Toggling the setting may help.
  • At the bottom, tap on System Services > check that Setting Time Zone is enabled (you may also wish to enable all other system services, if they are not presently enabled).

• Check that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are both enabled on your iPhone:

• iPhone: Settings > Bluetooth - on.
    • iPhone: Settings > Wi-Fi - on.
    • For the best performance from your watch, keep both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi permanently enabled on your iPhone.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh:

• Check that Background App Refresh is enabled.
    • It may also help to enable the setting for Weather.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Complications:

• If you are currently using a third-party weather app (such as Yahoo Weather) for your watch face complications, try removing it (via Edit, upper-right) and using Apple's built-in Weather app instead.

Restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both devices off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

If the issue persists, unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

Current location will not update on Apple watch 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.