Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's a ghost living in my iPhone X

Hi, guys so woke up today and were using my 1 week old iPhone X and suddenly it started acting out on its own without me touching anything at all. Scrolling Sideways, clicking on apps, typing letters randomly. After a while, it got better but it reoccurred shortly after. Anyone experience the same thing or has any slightest idea what is wrong with my phone?

- Got in touch with apple support chat and they tried to troubleshoot the problem but nothing happened.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:30 PM

4 replies

Dec 9, 2017 2:33 PM in response to R20P

Is your iPhone storage full? Check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and be certain at least 10% of the iPhone storage is free at all times.

Reset the iPhone as follows:

• Press the volume-up button briefly and release
  • Press the volume-down button briefly and release
  • Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears

Dec 9, 2017 2:43 PM in response to R20P

Interesting.

I've had my iPhone X about three weeks and it's still ghost-free.

When I'm not using my iPhone, I have not shut down apps, but I have closed them and my iPhone remains on the home screen. So even a ghost tapping the iPhone would have no effect unless the ghost happened to tap on an app to open it.

I understand the ghosts' desire to get an iPhone X! It's quite a device.

There's a ghost living in my iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.