Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unrecognized ID

I have a friend that has a 6 plus phone running 11.2 and an older iPad Running the same. Both are registered with the same Apple ID. When she attempted to make a purchase in the App store and entered her password it was rejected. After repeated attempts no love. I sat with her as we navigated to the Apple ID web page, entered her ID and hit the link to change her password and surprisIng got the message that this ID does not exist. I checked both devices and yes they both we are registered under the same ID. She also pays for icloud storage (50 gb) of which 20 gb is used. The devices backup daily. To be clear, the id is not disabled. ” lt does not exist”. I’m out of ideas how to rectify this situation.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 2:12 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2017 2:13 PM in response to hpr3

Contacting Apple Customer and Support Service

1. Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.
  2. Primary support help at Contact Support.
  3. To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.
  4. For Mac App Store: Apple - Support - Mac App Store.
  5. For iTunes: Apple - Support - iTunes.

Unrecognized ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.