Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burn Playlist to Disc not working

I am trying to burn a playlist to a disc on my windows PC and it stops and gives the the error message...

The attempt to burn disc failed. An unknown error occured (0 x 80004005).

It records some but will not finish.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 5:58 PM

There would appear to be a general issue burning from iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows.

A workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

tt2

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2017 5:58 PM in response to D_Tucker

There would appear to be a general issue burning from iTunes 12.7.2.x for Windows.

A workaround is to uninstall iTunes then download and install one of the following as appropriate:

tt2

Dec 10, 2017 9:18 AM in response to javaliga

I've posted an earlier discussion item on this issue. It clearly appears to be a "bug" in iTunes 12.7.2.58. After having burning issues on my computer that hosts my primary music collection (and which had been upgraded to iTunes 12.7.2.58) I attempted to burn a playlist on another computer that was still running iTunes 12.7.1.14. The playlist burned an audio CD without any problems. I then used the Apple Software Update tool to upgrade iTunes on that computer to iTunes 12.7.2.58. The same audio playlist failed to successfully burn an audio CD after the upgrade. So the only variable between a successful burn and a failure was the iTunes version, thus my belief that the burning issue is specific to iTunes 12.7.2.58.

Dec 29, 2017 2:40 PM in response to TennesseeDJ

I'm running 12.7.2.60 and tossing failed playlist burns by the dozen. Maybe I've exceeded the number of copies with all the failures. Same on a Win 7 box and a Win 10 sharing the library. Or, shared the library until the last crash and now sharing is disabled or the configuration lost. iTunes Music is a nice browser but maybe it's time to move on.

Burn Playlist to Disc not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.