Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro with loose Touch ID

Touch ID on my new MBP 13-inch 2017 (obviously with the Touch Bar) seems to we somewhat loose as whenever I touch it just so gently it makes a really irritating clicking sound and moves around. Up- and downwards as well as sideways.

I have of course already made some research regarding this "issue" and it does seem to me as if this was an actual problem that Apple certainly knows about and also, in one way or another, acknowledges it being just that, a problem.

Therefore I am in a really awkward situation as I don't know if I should contact the Apple support about this or not.

Personally this makes using Touch ID very frustrating as it always feels like as if the button would just fall out when I just think about putting my finger on it.

What would you suggest what I should do? This is a brand new device that I just recently got myself and I, as well as other users, feel like that I deserve a better experience for my money.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 13-inch, 2017

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:45 PM

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple.

1 reply

MacBook Pro with loose Touch ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.