Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up new iPhone

How do I download apps onto a new iPhone I am setting up as a new iPhone? I no longer see "Apps" as an option in iTunes.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:43 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2017 9:51 AM in response to npb1967

Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support

The new iTunes focuses on music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks. Apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch are now exclusively available in the new App Store for iOS.

The article I included above clarifies that one of iTunes' recent updates removed the App Store function. Moving forward, users will only be downloading apps directly from the App Store on their device.

If that's unfamiliar territory for you, this article covers all the relevant how-to's:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

Cheers!

Setting up new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.