Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove strong adhesive from back of iPhone?

Bought an iPhone 6s used. Came with some metal mount stuck to the back of the phone with some sort of high grade adhesive. Is there any way to remove it without harming the phone?

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 4:49 AM

If you want to remove the sticky adhesive, don't use acetone (nail polish remover). This might damage the finish. Instead what I found useful is lens cleaner, a fingernail, a lens cleaning cloth and a lot of patience, if your method leaves residue. I could say to use another product found at hardware stores, but that would more than likely damage the finish. I did that method to remove stickers off an old laptop I gave to my mom. It took a lot of time and patience, but I got the stickers off completely. After the lens cleaning solution sets then use your fingernail to scratch at the adhesive. When it's all off, then you can buff it and it'll look like it wasn't there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 4:49 AM in response to FoxFifth

If you want to remove the sticky adhesive, don't use acetone (nail polish remover). This might damage the finish. Instead what I found useful is lens cleaner, a fingernail, a lens cleaning cloth and a lot of patience, if your method leaves residue. I could say to use another product found at hardware stores, but that would more than likely damage the finish. I did that method to remove stickers off an old laptop I gave to my mom. It took a lot of time and patience, but I got the stickers off completely. After the lens cleaning solution sets then use your fingernail to scratch at the adhesive. When it's all off, then you can buff it and it'll look like it wasn't there.

How to remove strong adhesive from back of iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.