Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6Plus Kindle App no 'listen' icon

Decided to use my old 6plus in place of my iPod Touch to use for music and as an e-reader.

I've downloaded the Kindle App and books and audiobooks already purchased. On my iPhone 7Plus, iPod Touch, Ipad Pro and ipad Mini when I open a book which has an audiobook, at the bottom of the screen is an earphone icon (listen) which I should be able to press to download the book and listen as I read. But there is no listen icon. I also have all the books in my Audible app but I want them to play as I read the e-book.

The only instruction I can find (which I already know about as I have done so on my other devices) is to press the centre of a page as I read a book and click the listen icon but as that is not there I can't.

When I close the book and click the menu button in the Kindle home screen the 'read & listen with Audible' option is missing. As I had intended to sell the 6plus I had removed all apps and data. Prior to doing so I had been able to listen to audiobooks whilst reading e-books in the Kindle app.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 1:59 PM

6 replies

Dec 9, 2017 2:29 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks Lawrence.

The information I got from Amazon was to open a book, start reading, click the centre of the page and the listen icon is at the bottom. The icon and menu selection for audiobooks is on my iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Ipad Mini and iPod Touch but not on the iPhone 6plus.

Each of my devices has the latest Ios on it, the only difference between the five devices is that the apps on the four mentioned above were put on the devices when I acquired them and the app has been updated on the device but never removed, whereas on the 6plus I had stripped everything from it (as I originally intended to sell it) so all the apps are new install. As the app works correctly on the other devices I wondered if it is a problem with the iPhone 6 plus? You didn't say which model of iPhone you have but if it is a 6plus then the app should therefore be working okay on mine, just seems odd that the entire audiobook function seems to be missing from the app just on this device?

Dec 9, 2017 3:06 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

My settings for 6plus match those for the 7plus (other than mobile data which is not showing as I don't have a sim in my 6plus).

And yes, I am logged into my Amazon account both on the Kindle app and the Audible app, and the device is on my list of devices in my Amazon account. The books do have an audible version which clearly shows on the other four devices (a small black corner of the book thumbnail with headphones in it), but not on the 6plus. I've checked all the settings in the app itself against the 7plus and they all match.

I've also checked Audible, however on my 7plus I have never downloaded the books to the app, as they are already contained in the Kindle app.

I believe I've done all the 'obvious' things so its the unobvious I'm looking for. Appreciate your assistance.

iPhone 6Plus Kindle App no 'listen' icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.