Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I download apps in App Store

Every since a couple of months ago every time I try to download a app from the App Store it won’t let me.

I press the Get button a pop up from the bottom of the screen comes up and I press install then I type my Apple ID password (which is 100% correct because I’ve been using it for ages plus I checked on the Apple ID website) and after that it loads for about 1 second then the Get button reappears and it starts all over again 😭

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:41 PM

Hi Goodstar71001,

I understand that you are unable to download apps because after you enter your Apple ID password, it just shows you the "Get" button again. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend first forcing the App Store to close, and then restarting your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you continue having this issue, make sure that you do not have any outstanding billing issues that could prevent you from downloading new apps:
If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Support
And sign out of your Apple ID and back in again if this isn't the case. To sign out of your Apple ID:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [Your Name].
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store.
  4. Tap your Apple ID.
  5. Tap Sign Out.
To sign in with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin, update your device to the latest iOS.

When you use iOS 10.3 or later, you sign in to iCloud, the iTunes & App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and your other Apple services in one place.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. If you protect your account with two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 7:41 PM in response to Goodstar71001

Hi Goodstar71001,

I understand that you are unable to download apps because after you enter your Apple ID password, it just shows you the "Get" button again. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

I recommend first forcing the App Store to close, and then restarting your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you continue having this issue, make sure that you do not have any outstanding billing issues that could prevent you from downloading new apps:
If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue with a previous purchase in the iTunes Store - Apple Support
And sign out of your Apple ID and back in again if this isn't the case. To sign out of your Apple ID:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap [Your Name].
  3. Tap iTunes & App Store.
  4. Tap your Apple ID.
  5. Tap Sign Out.
To sign in with your Apple ID:

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you begin, update your device to the latest iOS.

When you use iOS 10.3 or later, you sign in to iCloud, the iTunes & App Store, iMessage, FaceTime, and your other Apple services in one place.

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. If you protect your account with two-factor authentication, enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Dec 11, 2017 10:39 PM in response to i_rina

Thanks i_rina but unfortunately none of those things have helped my situation:(

I have tried ringing Apple support and they suggested the same possible solutions as you have but they had never really seen my case before so it’s hard to find a solution they believe the last thing that could fix it would be to reset the device from new but I was hoping there would be a better way:(

Why can’t I download apps in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.