Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display all songs by artist without splitting by album

In the Apple Music library on iPhone, is there a way of eliminating the step of selecting the album? For example, when I click an artist, I'd like to instantly see a list of all songs by that artist. Instead, it brings up a screen of album covers which then need to be selected to drill down further. The reason I am filtering on artist in the first place is because I want to see all the songs by that artist regardless of album.

The way this is currently set up, it adds the frustration of an extra click, and at times makes it extremely difficult and inefficient to find songs.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:42 AM

Good afternoon M.J.Hauer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to see all of the songs by a particular artist in one place, rather than clicking on individual albums. You can do this by changing the sorting option in the Songs category.
In the Music app, tap Library, tap Songs, then tap Sort in the upper-right corner.
Change the sort method from "Title" to "Artist"
Now, when you click the Songs category, you can scroll down the list to your favorite artist, and see each song that you have in your library by that artist.
Use Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone
Enjoy!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 9:42 AM in response to M.J.Hauer

Good afternoon M.J.Hauer,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you would like to see all of the songs by a particular artist in one place, rather than clicking on individual albums. You can do this by changing the sorting option in the Songs category.
In the Music app, tap Library, tap Songs, then tap Sort in the upper-right corner.
Change the sort method from "Title" to "Artist"
Now, when you click the Songs category, you can scroll down the list to your favorite artist, and see each song that you have in your library by that artist.
Use Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone
Enjoy!

Display all songs by artist without splitting by album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.