Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" (2017-model) - Sticky/click sound

Hello

I have an 1 month old MacBook Pro 15" (2017-model) 3.1 GHz i7, 16Gb ram.

Sometimes when both my fan inside the machine spins up, I sometimes can hear a small "Sticky sound"/very low click sound coming from inside the machine.

It almost sounds like something is turning on, but I cannot decide if there is a problem.

The machine seems to work fine in my daily workflow, and the fans are not noisy. It is just strange that I sometimes gets this little "sticky/clicking sound". It almost sounds like when you put a small peace of tape on a surface and pull it off.

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 3:49 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 1:10 PM in response to Lykkehansen

Hello there Lykkehansen.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities and thanks for asking about the fans noise in your MacBook Pro. I have a Mac too and I understand how the sounds can be concerning. I'm happy to help you out today.

If you review this article, it may help you decide whether you need to seek further assistance.

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

If you feel the sticky sound is still concerning, you should Contact Apple Support .

Best wishes.

Macbook Pro 15" (2017-model) - Sticky/click sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.