Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Library on iOS not updating

Since a few weeks ago, I've noticed that sometimes my phone (SE) won't have updated the music library (I am a Apple Music subscriber and do add a lot of music through iTunes on my laptop). Resets (regular turn off and soft) did nothing, so I logged out of the iTunes Store on my phone and inadvertently DELETED 1000+ songs from AM. I am in the process of adding them back. Though it does the trick, I can't add all my music back every time I want to update my phone's music library. Others are having trouble with iCloud Music Library too. I'm guessing it's an iOS bug. Is there a way to get iCloud Music Library connected without logging out (or resetting - does nothing) and having to re-add all my music?

AppleTV 2, Other OS

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:15 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2017 11:22 AM in response to thecableguy

Good afternoon thecableguy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!If you are having issues with iCloud Music Library not updating what you have on your laptop to your iPhone SE, take a look at the resources below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Try updating your iCloud Music Library from the File menu in the iTunes application as a first troubleshooting step. Click on the links for complete details.
About iCloud Music Library icons and status​

Turn on the iCloud Download and iCloud Status columns to see icons and statuses using these steps:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. If you're not on the My Music tab, select User uploaded file Music from the upper-left corner of iTunes, then click My Music.
  3. In the left sidebar, click Songs.
  4. In the main iTunes window, right-click or Control-click in the top row and make sure that there's a checkmark next to iCloud Download and iCloud Status. If there isn't, select iCloud Download or iCloud Status to turn the columns on.
  5. User uploaded file
  6. The iCloud Download and iCloud Status columns appear.

Other iCloud icons

The icons below appear in the upper-right corner of iTunes, under the Search field, instead of in the iCloud Download column.

Connecting User uploaded file

This icon appears when you first turn on iCloud Music Library or when you Update iTunes Library (File > Library > Update iTunes Library). It means that iTunes is connecting or sending updates to iCloud Music Library.

Get help with iCloud Music Library

If you have content downloaded to your device for offline listening, it deletes from your device when you turn off iCloud Music Library. After you turn iCloud Music Library back on, you can redownload the content.

Take care.

iCloud Music Library on iOS not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.