Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tried to hard restart my iPad mini multiple times in the last 3 hours. it never goes beyond the itunes psge snd foesnt give me the option yo update. What do i do next

iPad mini MD531LL I am baffled as to what to do next.

Most recent update last week.

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 4:04 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2017 4:29 PM in response to reisermama

By hard restart I assume that you mean the forced restart like this. To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes and that your computer is fully updated as well. Plug directly into the computer and don’t use a hub.

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If you are fplowing all of the steps here, If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, and it still doesn’t work, contact Apple support here as stated at the end of the support article.

If you can’t update or restore your device with recovery mode, or you can't use recovery mode because of broken buttons, contact Apple Support.

tried to hard restart my iPad mini multiple times in the last 3 hours. it never goes beyond the itunes psge snd foesnt give me the option yo update. What do i do next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.