Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I enable Keychain on an existing Apple device?

I am trying to enable/use Keychain on my iPad, which I previously set up. Can I do this? I ask because when I try to enable by going to Settings/User/iCloud and slide Keychain button to green, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for the help. Karl

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:12 PM

After you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS, the setup assistant will ask you to set up iCloud Keychain. If you skipped this step and want to set up iCloud Keychain now, you should be able to enable it by following the steps in the "How do I set up iCloud Keychain?" section of:

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Are you signed-in with your Apple ID & password? Also see the last two paragraphs in that section.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2017 10:12 PM in response to kaps77

After you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest iOS, the setup assistant will ask you to set up iCloud Keychain. If you skipped this step and want to set up iCloud Keychain now, you should be able to enable it by following the steps in the "How do I set up iCloud Keychain?" section of:

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Are you signed-in with your Apple ID & password? Also see the last two paragraphs in that section.

Can I enable Keychain on an existing Apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.