Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I fix latency in Logic Pro X?

I have a latency/bluetooth problem with my Logic Pro X. When I press the key, it takes a split second for me to hear the sound. I have no problems when I use regular speakers, the latency is 5.0ms, but when I use BeatsStudio as output (headphones) everything changes.

I went in to the preferences/Audio/Devices and checked Core Audio. I set my buffers to all available, and put my recording delay to Zero. None works. The lowest I get is 190.3ms. When I uncheck core audio, the latency becomes 2.9ms, but then I can't hear anything.

Alesis Q49 as a controller

Please help. Is there a way to fix this bluetooth problem? My neighbors will kill if I use my speakers at nights 😮

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:03 AM

Bluetooth audio will always be much more latent than analog.

Even the fastest AptX-low latency headsets induce > 32-40 ms of delay. This is much better than ≈ 200 ms but still not good enough for realtime music making.

My strongest advice would be to get a pair of decent analog headphones instead.

1 reply

How do I fix latency in Logic Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.