Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keep asking my password and the pop up screen keep flashing

Hi all,

When I open iTunes on my computer (Windows 7), it keeps asking me the password but the pop up windows keep flashing I cannot type in any password. I just stuck here and cannot use iTunes.

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 5:43 PM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2017 6:45 PM in response to RichardQubic

The general troubleshooting advice when iTunes fails to install properly (and reinstalling or repairing it does not work) is to remove not only iTunes but all related components, reboot, remove the target installation folders and reinstall.

I would follow turingtest2's advice in the Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components section of:

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

Dec 10, 2017 7:56 AM in response to javaliga

I have this problem also, though not always with the flashing. I try to sign in to iTunes (12, Win 10 64) with my AppleID and password (as I have here) but the app throws "ID or password invalid" error.
I logged on, online, updated security, changed the password. Logged out and back on successfully to iCloud, A-OK. But the iTunes program still has the problem.
Uninstalled the program, then rebooted, then reinstalled. Same problem.
Cleared the app cache, shut down iTunes and restarted. Problem persists.

This appears in threads around the web, dating back to at least 2013.

Please, Apple; what is the solution?

I pray that it is not to switch to the Amazon system. Please!

iTunes keep asking my password and the pop up screen keep flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.